background

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Six weeks!

Austin turned six weeks on Tuesday.  He is growing and changing so fast.  At the weigh-in yesterday he was 10 lbs 7.7 oz!  He has cracked a few small smiles, and I tried to get it on camera in the video below.  He has started to enjoy his activity mat more, mainly because he can see himself in the mirror that is attached to it.  I will also put him in his crib with the mobile music playing while I make the bed or something like that.  When I go back in there, he is contently staring at Peter Rabbit on the crib bumper or looking up at the mobile and listening to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.  It is fun to see his eyes focusing better each day.  He enjoys being held upright on a shoulder so he can look around more.  He still loves the stroller (for a snooze).  Laying on the changing table makes him happy too.  He really enjoys baths too, so much that we now bathe him every other night instead of every 3 nights.  I would do it every night but I am worried his skin would dry out (especially since the air here is so dry).  Two of the past three nights he has had a 5-hour stretch of sleep.  I am hoping this becomes a habit!  Six or seven hours would be nice too. Tuesday night was my first night to be alone with him.  David had to travel to Vegas for work so it was just me last night.  We fared alright.  Now, I need to get him bundled up for our run!  It's 39 degrees out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment