background

Monday, September 19, 2011

Fun, busy weekend!

Annie came to Denver this past weekend.  Annie is one of my best friends from high school in Houston. Her brother just moved to Denver a few months ago so she came to see him, see me, and, of course, to meet Austin.  On Saturday she came over to our house and we went on a walk with Austin and Savannah.  After that, we went to lunch with Austin (again, he slept the whole time). 

Meeting Annie!

On Saturday afternoon, David, Austin and I watched the Horns beat UCLA at the Rose Bowl.  Then, we met Annie, her brother and his roommate for an early dinner at the Cherry Cricket.  We might have gotten some strange looks from people for bringing an infant to a bar - oh well.  He sure was well-behaved (snoozed peacefully throughout the chaos of the loud bar scene).  It was so fun to see Annie.  Thanks for visiting!

Mommy and baby cheering for those Horns

Savannah just hanging out in Austin's activity mat during the game

Sporting burnt orange, of course (his Bevo pacifier is never far away)

Friends!

Don't wake a sleeping baby (even for a pic)...especially when out to eat

On Sunday morning, David, Austin and I went to the Pearl Street Farmers' Market near our house.  Austin is a farmers market veteran.  I think we have been 5 times since he was born.  I am sad that the markets only go until October 1...two more weekends.  After that, David played 9 holes and then I went to the gym in the afternoon.  On another note, I have been running almost every day now for the past week.  My typical morning routine is 5 miles and I run between 3 and 4 miles of the 5.  It is a bit of a challenge to push the stroller and hold Savannah's leash, but I am getting better at it.  I have to say, it is nice when David can stay with Austin so I can go on a run without the stroller (he did this on Saturday morning and one day last week before he left for work).

On Sunday evening, Rachel, Adam, and Brody came over to eat dinner.  They brought all the food and cooked it here (and cleaned up), which was such a treat. Thank you!  It was quite hilarious that both babies started getting fussy right when the 4 of us sat down to eat.  Brody is 7 months old so he wanted nothing to do with sitting in his carseat to watch us eat.  He wanted to wiggle around and play.  Austin was just fussy and also ready to eat.  So we ate in shifts.  The guys ate first while I held Austin and Rachel tried to give Brody a bottle.  Then David gave Austin a bottle and Adam held Brody while Rachel and I ate.  I was just laughing at the whole situation; it was chaos but still fun.  Below are our attempts at a mommy/baby picture.  It was quite the challenge.

Austin screaming

 Bevo helped with that and Brody is interested

Brody found something more interesting across the yard

2 comments:

  1. absolutely love that boy! had a great time visiting y'all and meeting Austin.

    ReplyDelete