background

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Staying busy

We have been busy the past couple of days.  On Wednesday, my mom, Austin, and I went to eat lunch at a restaurant!  We sat outside on the patio so that Austin would have some fresh air.  He slept the entire time in his car seat like this.


We also went to the weekly weigh-in at the hospital.  They have these weigh-ins every Wednesday at 10am and I plan to go every week so that I can make sure my little guy is eating well.  He still weighed 7 lbs 8 oz (same as Saturday at the pediatrician).  I fed him there and then weighed him after eating.  He drank 2 oz during that feeding and he should get about 21 oz every day in order to gain weight.  So if he gets 2-3 oz, 8-9 times a day, Austin should be getting bigger by the day.

On Thursday, aunt Lauren arrived!!!  She is staying until Monday to play with her little nephew.  We hung around the house most of the day.  My very sweet friend Kristen brought us fajitas for dinner that night.  Austin is sleeping a little bit better.  His crying fits are really just caused by his tummy hurting.  He has had a couple of nights where he slept for 5 hours between feedings (so I get 4 hours of sleep straight).




On Friday, Amanda and Cecile got here.  They are on there way to Jackson Hole, WY and came through Denver for a night just to see baby Austin!  Amanda's first comment when she saw Austin was "Oh my gosh, he looks just like David!"  Hopefully he will develop some of his mother's features later on.  We went to eat lunch at Hanson's on the patio.  We then took Cecile on a mini-tour of our area of town and took her by the country club we go to.  She hadn't seen our house or where we live (Amanda had when she and Stephen visited last November before little Austin was with us).  Austin slept through lunch and the tour in the car.  The motion of the car really does put him out.  We hung out at the house during the afternoon and ate dinner at home.  Austin got a lot of love and kisses from Amanda and Cecile, who held him the whole day!






David and Andrew arrived later in the afternoon and my David met them at their hotel downtown before all 3 guys went to the Rockies game.  Andrew loves going to baseball games at other ballparks and he had not been to Coors Field before.  This morning we went to their hotel before they left for the airport to introduce Austin to David and Andrew.  We were sure to dress him in his best burnt orange again for Andrew.  David taught Austin how to put his Horns up (see below).




After that, we came back to the house to pick up Lauren (who had gone running on Highline canal trail while we were at the hotel; I wish I could have gone with her...I am ready to run again, but not quite healed enough to do that).  We took Austin on his first trip to the Farmer's Marker at Cherry Creek.  It was also the first time to use the BOB stroller.  It's not as hot today (high of 87) here so it felt really nice out at 11am walking around the Farmer's Market and we didn't have to worry about Austin being too hot.  I am paranoid about keeping him out of the sun though so we put a light blanket over his car seat to shield him from the rays.




We have had a lot of firsts the past few days and are ready for many more!!  Here's a couple more photos of Austin just hanging out.


 He just might punch me

 He was not crying....it was more of a yawn, but he sure looks angry

Eyeing Savannah

Savannah is learning that the little guy with a big, loud mouth, is off limits for now



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like Austin has been busy! You're looking great Amy! I love the pictures of Austin eyeing savannah and the yawning one. :) I want another turn holding him!!! -rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Austin! I want to come meet you so bad but my mom said I have day care germs so I have to wait until you get bigger. You are really cute! Love, Savanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's such a cute little guy! We can't wait to meet him!
    Ellen and Davy and the kiddos.

    ReplyDelete