background

Friday, August 12, 2011

Night owl

We made it through our first night at home.  Austin is a night owl!  I know this is common for infants...to get their days and nights mixed up.  He definitely did that last night.  David went to work today so he slept in our room and I "slept" in Austin's room.  He did not want to sleep at all.  He just wanted to eat, be held, and fuss.  Every time I would pick him up, he would stop crying immediately.  I think he might have been having some tummy issues.   I am thankful he is doing well with eating.  He feeds every 2.5-3 hours and I do enjoy that bonding time.  Today my mom made me breakfast and lunch, cleaned-up around the house, played with Savannah in the yard, and even made a trip to Babies R Us to get a sponge for his first bath at home.  I am so thankful for her help.  I even got 2, 1-hour naps today.  We are going to bathe him tonight before his next feeding.  I am sure the little guy will be in for a rude awakening with the bath.  I will be sure to post some pictures.

My awesome friends, Pippa and Michelle, brought us some food.  Pippa brought pizza, which we ate last night and Michelle brought a lasagna, which we will probably cook tomorrow or the next day.  Michelle organized 7 girls from our Bible study to bring meals over the next two weeks.  I am very thankful!

Stacy got to town today and came by to meet Austin.  He is smart and is staying in a hotel; he probably wouldn't get much sleep around here.  David and my mom prepared a yummy steak dinner with corn on the cob and broccoli.  I even had a few sips of wine!  It tasted good :)  Savannah has been a bit mopey.  Today I let her come into Austin's room and lay on the rug while I nursed him and she did good.  I think it will take her a little while to adjust to this new tiny guy in the house that she would LOVE to play with but can't just yet.
Austin hanging out during our steak dinner.  His hair looks blonde to me.

I like to sleep during the day

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Amy! Those first couple of nights are rough. I remember walking around the dark house night after night just to get drew to sleep. It was rough. Eventually they figure out night and day. Glad your mom is there to help! Email me if you ever need support! I will send my email through Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it nice having mom around? :) Good job on being so positive in your comments about Austin being a night owl. Keeping your great attitude will help when your exhausted. I definitely could have positive during that first month in the middle of the night... Atleast he stops crying when you pick him up! Austin loves his mommy!! :)

    ReplyDelete