background

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Not much to report

We are still moving along.  Austin has decided that he needs to stay warm and secure in the womb for a while longer.  If I only knew when he would make his appearance.  That is the hardest part for me...the inability to plan.  I am not saying that I want a scheduled induction or C-section, but it would be nice to know that he is going to make his grand entrance on say, August 7.  (That would be an absolutely perfect date since my mom already has a flight scheduled to arrive in Denver on the evening of August 9).  But, of course, any day will be perfect.  I am trying to leave it up to God and our little guy.  I went to my 38-week appointment yesterday.  Everything was fine as far as his heartbeat and my measurements.  I had lost 1/2 lb since last week and I am now 1 cm dilated.  1 out of 10, hey, it's a start.  Work is busy so I guess that is good because it keeps me from being too anxious.  They hired the lady who will be filling in for me while I am out on maternity leave.  She started this past Monday and she has basically been my shadow for the past 4 days.  The hardest part about that is that I have to go to the bathroom every 45 minutes or so, and I feel silly when she is sitting at my desk and I need to go that often.  I am planning to keep coming to work until I go into labor.  It's kinda scary, but I want to maximize my time at home with Austin after and I only get 12 weeks total.  My doctor said to pay attention to fetal movement.  He is still moving in there, but the movements aren't as big (like the used to be more of a flip/rolling).  Now, when he moves it is like an arm or leg jabbing at me.  Here is a recent bump picture.  I have been living in tank tops and comfy shorts.  We have had 13 consecutive days of 90+ temperatures, which is alot for here.  I know in Texas they are tracking days in a row with 100+, so I can't complain.  Also, we do have central AC in our house and many houses up here do not.  That's it for now.  Say a prayer for a healthy baby and labor, please.

38 weeks 3 days

No comments:

Post a Comment