background

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Office Shower

Last Friday, July 8, some great people at my office threw me a baby shower - complete with games, cake and punch.  We played the yarn game (where everyone cuts a piece of yarn the length that they think my belly is around).  We also did a baby word scramble.  Cindy, my boss, made a delicious punch with raspberry sherbet and cranberry sierra mist.  It was yummy.  About 15 or so people came and about 25 people contributed towards the group gift.  Cindy so kindly went shopping off our registry at Babies R Us and bought us a variety of things.  We got the exer-saucer, an infant bath tub, some blankets, nail clippers, first aid kit, some wash cloths, a bottle drying rack, and some other things.  One of the ladies who works in AP crocheted a blanket for Austin.  It is a teal color and will be perfect for laying on top of him in the stroller or car seat as an extra layer.  I didn't get any pictures of people at the shower, sadly, but I did get some pictures of the cake and gifts.  It was very sweet of everyone (even the guys) to participate in the shower and give us some things to help us prepare for Austin.  I went to Babies R Us last weekend and bought some of the last few "essentials".  Now all we need is a baby!  Speaking of that, we had our 36 week appointment on Tuesday 7/13.  We met another doctor in the practice.  She is the one who is on call the weekend before the due date (which is on a Monday).  I wanted to meet her since Austin could come that weekend and she would be delivering him.  I liked her - she was to the point, that's for sure.  She checked for dilation - none yet.  His heartbeat was great as well.  The "not being able to plan" is hard for me.  He will come in his own time; when God wants him to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment