background

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Update at 37+ weeks

On Tuesday 7/19 we had our 37-week appointment.  The heartbeat was perfect and I am measuring on track.  No dilation yet, but, wow, is he low.  He has definitely shifted down and my bladder definitely gets the brunt of that.  He is facing back (spine up towards my belly button), like he is ready to dive out of there.  They ended up doing an ultrasound with all the measurements so they could estimate Austin's weight.  Since I have gained about 22 lbs so far and only about 1.5 lbs in the past 5 weeks, the doctor wanted to make sure baby is growing.  He came in at an estimated 6 lbs 11 oz, so he has grown and she was pleased with his size.  I couldn't see his face this time at all because it is so low and faced towards my back side.  His movements are stronger and he still gets the hiccups often.  It's crazy to think that he will be out of the warm, cozy womb, and in our arms any day now.  I am still sleeping pretty well, for the most part.  I wake up 2-3 times a night to go to the bathroom, but am able to go back to sleep quickly after each trip.  I have started packing a hospital bag, but it is still in progress.  I should probably finish packing this weekend.  I am keeping up my regular exercise routine in the mornings before work.  I rotate between taking Savannah on 3-mile walks (nicest time of the day in the summer is 5:30 am when it is about 58 degrees) and going to the gym and doing the elliptical for 35-40 minutes.  On Saturday mornings I have been going to a place called Belly Bliss for a "Belly Fusion" class.  Belly Bliss offers prenatal fitness classes, birthing classes, postpartum fitness classes, among other services and products.  The belly fusion class that I have been to 4 or 5 times is a combination of yoga, weights, and pilates.  I am not a huge yoga fan, but I have enjoyed doing while holding hand weights and I like that part of the class is pilates.

Question of the day: What color hair (if any) is Austin going to have?  We will soon find out!

37 weeks 2 days

1 comment:

  1. Very exciting Amy! Will be thinking of you and looking out for updates :)

    ReplyDelete