background

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Nursery in progress

Over the holiday weekend, David and I spent alot of time getting Austin's room ready.  We received the window valances, window seat cushion, pillows, and bed skirt in the mail last week.  My mom's friend, Jane, in Houston made them and shipped them to us.  We spent time on Saturday and Sunday hanging the shades, valances and AUSTIN letters.  Actually, I should say that David did, and I handed him things like a tape measure, pencil, nails, and hammer when he needed them.  He did a great job!  I love the way it turned out and I am sure Austin will too (ha, like he will know his name is hung straight on the wall).  Many thanks to my mom and Jane for helping pick out the fabrics, type of shades, etc!  I found the Peter Rabbit prints above the daybed on Amazon.com for $6 each and then bought frames at Michaels for $8 each....not bad!  Here are some pictures from the occasion.




 Uh oh

That's better!






It is still not completely finished as I want to find something to hang on the wall above the changing table...possibly the Peter Rabbit quilt from PBK or a mirror.  I also ordered a crib mobile that plays Twinkle Twinkle little star, but it is on backorder until August 6.  We might get a small rocking chair to put in the room somewhere since we don't have room for a big glider.  We opted to leave the daybed in the room since we don't have anywhere else to put it in our house (except folded up/stored away).  I am sure I will end up sleeping in the daybed especially at the beginning so it will be nice to have in his room.  Now we just need a baby to go in the room!

1 comment:

  1. Amy,
    so glad I checked in! The blog is awesome. Thanks for keeping us informed. So excited to see you guys!
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete