background

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Showered again - Houston!

On Sunday, May 22, my mother-in-law's (Mary) wonderful friends, Sally, Beth Sue, and Ellen hosted a ladies baby shower.  Mary invited her friends, my mom invited her Houston friends and I invited my friends that live in Houston.  It was at Sally's gorgeous house.  They had a fabulous spread of fruit, chips and dip, finger sandwiches (complete with baby decorations and cut-out in cute shapes), white and blue petifours, and delicious brownies (They were so moist and fudgey - I had 2 of these!). 



I am so grateful that so many were able to come celebrate.  David even made an appearance at the end of the shower to say hi (and help carry gifts to the car).  My Stratford friends (Sara, Jenny, Annie, and Kristin) all came and it was so good to see them even if it was just for a little bit.  Kristin shared some "boy-raising" advice since she has a 1-year old son.  She said to enjoy it because they grow up so fast and to be careful because boys are wild. 

Kristin, Jenny, me, Sara, Annie

 Mary, Ellen, Mrs. Lunn

Beth and Ellen

Lauren and mom

We received some very cute outfits, blankets, books, bibs, and many others.  I think Mary's friends know that David is a golfer because we got (from three different people 1) a seer-sucker golf jump-suit that he can probably wear next summer 2) some golf 3) soft mini golf bag (toy) complete with some slacks and a polo shirt.  Do you think that Mary's friends know that David is a golfer?  And, of course, Mary (one of the most generous people I know) spoiled me (and Austin) by giving us the BOB jogging stroller and infant car-seat attachment.  Thank you Mary!  I can't wait to use it, but I don't think I will be one of those people who push around an empty or weighted stroller for practice (or maybe to build arm muscle).  I have really seen these women at the park. 

It was a wonderful shower-filled weekend and we are very grateful for all of the wonderful gifts and enjoyed seeing all of our friends and family!  I also got to meet our niece, Annabelle, for the first time.  She is Allison (my step-sister) and David's baby who is 8 weeks old in this picture.


We even went to dinner with Mary, Ed, Ellen, Davy, Ben, Summer and my mom at Cyclone Anaya's on Sunday night to celebrate my birthday (a week early) and the Stephens' clan gave me a video camera.  It's HD and so tiny! (I just remember the one that my family had growing up - you had to rest it on your shoulder to film and it had those cassette-like tapes).  This will come in handy for the hospital and of course as Austin grows and changes we will take videos to share with family and friends.  Thanks again!

1 comment:

  1. What a great picture of the Stratford girls!! Wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete