background

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

28 week appointment

Last Wednesday (May 18) I went my 28-week appointment.  David didn't go to the this one since we knew we weren't having an ultrasound, and I also had to do my test for gestational diabetes.  I wasn't allowed to eat anything that morning that had sugar (couldn't have my usual plain Greek yogurt with fresh strawberries) so I ate scrambled egg whites with cheese that day (not my favorite).  I arrived at 10am and had to drink a lemon-lime flavored "drink" which was basically pure sugar.  It was so sweet!  Then I had 1 hour to wait until they took my blood to see how my body reacted to the sugar.  I met with Dr. Corbett while waiting and she measured me and we listened to Austin's heartbeat.  Everything looked good as far as my growth and his heartbeat was 150.  After they took my blood, I had to get the RhoGAM shot, since I am Rh-negative (meaning I have A-negative blood).  It was a painful one!  It's been a long time since I had a shot like that.  After Austin is born, if he is a positive blood type, then I have to get another of the same shot.  But if he is negative blood, then I don't.  As far as the gestational diabetes goes, my doctor said that no news is good news, and I haven't heard anything, so I must be fine.  At our next appointment on June 3 they will do an ultrasound to take some measurements.  I can't wait to see how much he has grown!  It will most likely be our last ultrasound before the birth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment