background

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

FAMILY!

On Saturday, May 21, after the San Antonio shower, my mom and I drove to Houston for the Houston baby showers.  On Saturday night, my aunts Carrie, Ellen and Mary Carol hosted a family party at Carrie's house.  Ricki (my sister-in-law) also helped a ton with the food for the party.  They served Ricki's yummy cheese ball with raspberry sauce, beef tenderloin sandwiches, pasta salad, a green salad with avocado, and other yummy things.  Carrie's friend made and decorated a cake and Ricki made chocolate-covered strawberries (so good!). 


I am so thankful for all the family that came to help celebrate with us.  Lauren brought BB (my grandmother) from Austin to celebrate her first great-grandchild!  My aunt Sally drove from Dallas with my cousin Brooke, Jennifer and Claire drove from Lufkin, and my dad and Michelle came in from Dallas too.

Lauren, me, Jennifer, mom, Claire, and Mary

Ben, me, Summer

 Stephens family

 Hamiltons, Stephens, Hendrix, Hunts

Hendrix and Stephens

The shower was a "gift card" shower so that we could transport things easier back to Denver.  (Now we need to go to Babies R Us and Pottery barn kids to buy the necessities like a car seat and swing, among others).  We are very grateful!  Most people brought gift cards but also got some really cute outfits for Austin to wear.  BB even knitted a precious hat for Austin to wear in the winter.  My uncle Scott sent a tie-dyed "keep Austin weird" onesie.  Ricki got the "most creative" award for her gift.  She bought 12 white onesies in different sizes (some long-sleeved and some-short sleeved) and had them embroidered for each month of the year during Austin's 1st year.  For example, the first onesie says "I drool burnt orange" for the start of football season.  There is one for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentines, St Patty's, Easter, Mothers' Day, Fathers' Day, July 4th, and then "Austin's 1-year bday".  Who knows if the sizes will be right each month but we will definitely take a picture in each of the onesie's when they fit him and make a calendar for the next year with the 12 pictures (read: gift for grandparents).  The party was so fun and we are so blessed to have a such a wonderful family to celebrate baby Austin.




No comments:

Post a Comment