background

Saturday, May 28, 2011

San Antonio Baby Shower

On Saturday, May 21, 5 lovely ladies (thank you Amanda, Meredith, Cecile, Carolyn and Dianne) hosted a shower for me in San Antonio.  I flew to San Antonio on Friday evening and my mom picked me up at the airport.  (meanwhile, David flew directly to Houston that night and his flight was 2 hours delayed due to storms in Denver but my flight that left 30 minutes before his scheduled departure, was pretty much on time - sorry David - thanks for making the trip).  On Friday night, my mom, Cecile, Amanda, Carolyn, Meredith and Sara all went to dinner at Paloma Blanca.  It's a yummy Mexican food place in Alamo Heights.  Thanks to Mere and Amanda for driving in from Austin on Friday night to eat with us!  The next morning, the shower was at 10:30 at Cecile and David's new fancy high-rise apartment building.  They had a wonderful spread of fruit, mini muffins, mini fritattas, and blue and white polka-dot sugar cookies.  They even had an activity planned.  Everyone decorated a burp cloth with permanent markers for me to use (since I am sure we will go through plenty of them).  It was fun getting to chat with all my childhood friends from SA and my mom's long-time friends as well.  We got some really cute gifts like a couple of Kissy-Kissy little blue and white outfits and a really soft blue sleep sack.  The hostesses gave us a gift card to Babies R Us (easy to transport back to Denver!) and we will probably put it towards the swing and car seat (2 necessities that we don't have yet).  Thanks to all the hostesses for a wonderful party and for everyone who came to help celebrate our little guy who will be with us before we know it.

Me, mom & hostesses (R to L: Amanda, Cecile, Dianne, me, mom, Carolyn, Meredith)

 Amanda, me, Sara, Meredith

Some of the creative burp clothes

Cute, soft Kissy-Kissy outfit


2 comments:

  1. The burp cloth activity is SUCH a good idea!! You can never find one when you need it, so definitely great to have so many. And they have to be personalized for daycare! Such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girls seem to have a pleasing time on the baby shower eve of their friend. This post remembered me that I can also arrange a gender reveal party for my sister soon going to be mommy. Can make arrangements at any event venue Atlanta as all of them are equally fabulous. Will discuss with my brother in law and family before finalizing the date.

    ReplyDelete