background

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Over-due update

Wow, time flies.  We are eagerly awaiting summer here in Denver.  Yesterday it rained/sleeted all day and didn't get above 40 degrees, but on Sunday (when we were out of town) it was above 80 degrees.  Crazy Colorado weather!  I hope to go to the nursery this weekend and get some flowers to plant in pots, a hanging basket and some tomato plants.  Hopefully we are finished with temperatures below freezing otherwise the tomatoes won't survive.

Now for a baby update.  I am officially in the third trimester and growing by the minute.  Or should I say Austin is growing by the minute?  It's hard to believe he will be here in about 12 weeks.  I feel him moving much more often.  I read in my pregnancy book that he is about 2.5 lbs and about 16 inches long.  Of course, all babies are different, but that is the "average" for this point in the pregnancy.  He is about to hit his growth spurt when he will "beef-up".  I already feel like I have a basketball in my tummy....I can't wait to have a watermelon.  :) This past weekend, I felt him have the hiccups for the first time.  Since Saturday, I have felt his hiccups 2 more times.  I wish I could give him some water and tell him to hold his breath to make them go away.  I love feeling him move at this point, but I have heard from friends that it gets annoying and even painful later on.  We'll see if we have a restless one on our hands.  I have a list of "to-do's" around the house before he arrives.  We are working on crossing these things off the list, but it feels like there is still so much more to do.  Once he arrives, I know that all I will want to do is take care of him and nothing around the house will get accomplished....all the more reason to cross it off now! 

This weekend I will write about our trip to Warrenton, Virginia for Doug and Tory's wedding festivities.  It was a weekend-long party and we are so happy we were able to be with them to celebrate.  It was also a nice get-away before baby arrives.  I will post some pictures from the trip and also a recent baby bump picture this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment