background

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Something is missing

Last Wednesday 6/15 we had our 32-week appointment.  They did another ultrasound because my 30-week ultrasound showed that my amniotic fluid levels were on the low side.  Last week, the levels had increased but were not as high as my doctor normally sees at this point in pregnancy.  We discussed my water consumption habits, and I told her that I drink over 100 ounces of water a day.  She asked if I was still running and I said that I was about 3 days a week (3-4 miles each) and doing elliptical or pilates on the other days.  She suggested that I cut back on cardio exercises and try to limit to every other day instead of 6 days a week.  She never said, "stop running", but she did explain that when I do high impact cardio exercise, this causes my blood to flow to my extremities and away from the placenta.  So, I decided that I would stop running and stick to the elliptical, walking and pilates.  I haven't run since last Tuesday 6/14 and it is strange.  Something is missing--like there is a hole.  Even after half marathons, I only take 3 days off from running.  It is for the best and I, of course, want to do what is best for Austin's growth and health.  Goodbye running, for now.  See you in a few months.

The ultrasound technician also tried to get Austin's face for a 3-D picture, but his head is so low near my pelvic bone that his face just looked like mush.  I guess we will just have to wait about 7 more weeks to see his face for real.  I wasn't supposed to go every week until I am 36 weeks, but because of my fluid levels, my doctor wants to see me every week.  So this Wednesday, I go back for another ultrasound to check on things.  Please say a prayer that my levels have increased.

And here is a picture from Friday night after the Rockies game.  On a whim, David and I went to the game (they won 13-6!).  The weather that night was "why we live in Colorado"....it was about 65 or 70 degrees and just so comfortable.  Perfect!

Savannah saying hi to Austin (32 weeks 5 days)

1 comment:

  1. Amy, you look great and I'll be praying for your levels! I'm about to start a blog too...your design is so cute! Mine is not so cute..hahaha. Hope your summer is going great!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete