background

Monday, June 6, 2011

30 week appointment

Last Friday, June 3, we had our 30-week appointment.  It was a fun one because they did an ultrasound in order to take some measurements.  Austin is about 3 lbs 10 oz and was hiding from the camera.  We couldn't see his face because his head is down and very low.  That is good that he is already head-down and the nurse said that babies rarely move again once they are positioned like that.  David asked her to double check that he is a boy....and he is, for sure.  I got "scolded" (not really) for not gaining any weight between appointments.  The nurse told me to go to McDonalds and Dairy Queen, which is not the best nutritional advice if I might say.  I met one of the other doctors in the practice since mine was on vacation.  I really liked her too.  Now I have met 3 of the 5 doctors and have liked all of them.  Since my doctor is only at Swedish hospital where we will deliver on Wednesdays and Fridays, there is a good chance that my doctor won't be there when Austin is born.  My fluid levels were a little on the low side so we are having another ultrasound at my 32 week appointment to check on that again.  Below is a picture taken today (31 weeks) before work.  Sorry it's not the best pic.  The crib and my diaper bag (bday gift from my mom) are in the background.  Currently the crib is full of towels, blankets, and other gifts.  Hmm, might need to find a place for those.  The nursery is still a work in progress, but hopefully this weekend with mom will help move it along.

31 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment