background

Monday, August 13, 2012

THE PARTY!

We celebrated Austin's 1st Birthday on Sunday with fajitas and margaritas - perfectly appropriate for a 1 year-old's birthday.  My mom and Lauren flew up in the morning and helped me with the finishing touches.  Friends were so sweet to come celebrate with us and watch our BIG boy dig into his first cake, complete with dyed orange icing!  I will be posting a separate post with "12 month" milestones.  For now, here are some pictures from the party and, of course, the CAKE pictures!

Birthday boy with mommy

Learning from older friend, Brody

Chillin in the grass with Pippa while mommy gets dessert ready

Happy Birthday to YOU!  (Fire?!)

Feels good....

Tastes good...

IS Good!

I destroyed it!

Sugar high!

Yummy!

What?  I don't need a bath

He did have a bath immediately after destroying his GIANT cupcake.  He liked this so much that I forgot to introduce him to Blue Bell homeade vanilla ice cream.  I guess that will have to wait until later this week.  He is bound to like ice cream if he is at all like his mommy.  It was a fun party and thanks to our friends and family for coming.  We will be celebrating with more family later this week in Steamboat!  Can't wait!  

2 comments:

  1. These are some of the best 1st birthday cake eating pictures I have ever seen! Well done, Austin... and happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete