background

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter in Houston - Part 1

We arrived in Houston on Friday afternoon.  Austin did not enjoy the flight.  I mean, he did okay.  The problem was that he napped on the way to the airport (30 minutes) and his morning nap is usually about 1.5 hours.  I nursed him when we were taking off in hopes that he would fall asleep in my arms and sleep at least 1 hour.  He did fall asleep but then proceeded to wake up 15 minutes later.  He could not get comfortable to sleep for the remainder of the flight and was quite fussy.  We made it though.  On Friday evening, my mom hosted her brother and sister and their families for an early Easter southern dinner of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, and carrot cake.  Yummy!  David's mom and dad came too.  I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked, but here are a few.

Aunt Ricki is fun!

Wide-eyed with Big Deal

All smiles!

A little sleepy

Still sucking my thumb with Cousin Camille and Aunt Jennifer

On Saturday, I went on a 10 mile run while my mom stayed with Austin and David and Stacy played golf at Lakeside.  It was much warmer than I am used to but not too hot for Houston.  Then after Austin's morning nap, my aunt Carrie and cousin Christina came over to visit.  Stephen and Ricki came over too.  Austin loved staring at his uncle Stephen and Ricki taught him how to throw his dirty, empty bowl after finishing his lunch.  

So focused and serious

Feet are my favorite

I like my Cousin Christina :)

And Aunt Carrie too
During Austin's nap, my mom and I went to Babies R Us to buy a stroller for my mom to keep at her house.  Since Austin has started to reach for everything (including cell phones), we also bought him a toy cell phone.  That is the last electronic device he will have for the rest of his life under our roof (ha, I wish).  After his nap, we took Austin over to see David's grandmother (who is 94).  She has a hard time hearing and seeing but I think she was happy we came to see her and happy to see Austin again.  

Smiling for great Grandmother

Twins?
As soon as we got back from visiting Grandmother, my friends came over for a brief visit and glass of wine.  Mallory, Annie, and Sara/Matt/little Savanna all came.  It was good to catch up (event though it was brief and we were interrupted by sweet Savanna and Austin).  We missed Jenny (who just had surgery on due to a skiing accident, and Kristin, who lives in Texarkana and didn't some back for Easter since Preston her husband is a minister).  We managed to forget to take a group picture.  

Playing with pretty Savanna

Sharp looking dude

So sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment