background

Friday, March 30, 2012

Visit with Pop and Grammy

Last weekend, my dad, "Pop", and Michelle, "Grammy" came to visit us.  They arrived on Thursday night after Austin had gone to sleep.  On Friday, Austin went to school and we went to work as usual since they were going to spend time with Michelle's son, Stephen, who lives here in Denver.  We met them for an early dinner at Park Burger near our house.  Austin behaved at the restaurant and loved having more people to hold him at the table when he got bored. 

Laughing with Pop at Park Burger
Look at that grown-up boy in his polo!

On Saturday, I went for a 11-mile run while David stayed with Austin and Dad and Michelle went to run some errands with Stephen.  After my run and Austin's nap, Michelle and I went to eat lunch at ModMarket and did a little shopping at Nordstrom's Rack.  Michelle bought me a dress and some toys and 2 shirts for Austin.  Thank you, Michelle.  My dad and David played golf that afternoon.  We have had a record warm and dry March.  It has been the driest March ever in Denver and the 2nd warmest March on record.  I think there have been like 20 or so days of temperatures over 70.  Typically March is the snowiest month in Denver.  That makes for a happy David since he can start golfing earlier (of course, the winter did start early this past fall in October).  I digress.  That night, after Austin went to sleep, we had a very yummy meal of beef tenderloin (thanks to David), broccoli, baked potatoes, and brownies.  We even had dark and stormies (rum and ginger beer) to drink.  That was my first time to try one.  They are delicious!  On Sunday, David and my dad went to do some work around the house that they own (which Stephen lives in) while Michelle, Austin, Savannah, and I went on a walk.  After that, Stephen brought over pizza for lunch from the pizza restaurant that he works.  It was our first time to try it - yummy!  They left for the airport around 3.  Thanks for coming to visit us - we had fun!
Pop is one fun dude!


Austin is trying to scoot around.  His teachers say he can move like 5-10 feet by himself.  He still won't do this at home for us.  Maybe it's because he is more tired in the evenings.  I am hoping he will scoot around tomorrow for us to see.  I am not sure I am ready for baby-proofing yet though! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment