background

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Ta-da, I have a tooth!

Austin has a tooth!  This morning, as I was feeding him his breakfast of cereal and pears, I noticed something in his mouth.  At first I thought it was just some pears stuck on his gums, but then I tried to look and feel in there and it was a bottom tooth!  He doesn't like me touching his gums so it is hard to feel it, but when he smiles I can see it.  Thinking back, he has been sucking his thumb more than usual over the past few days, but other than that, he hasn't been fussier than usual or had a fever or woken up at night.  I imagine another one will break through soon!  On another note, we went to church last night and we dropped him in the baby room for the first time.  We have been going off and on since he was born, but we have always sat in the "cry room" with him to watch the service.  He did great in the baby room; they said he was really happy even though he only napped for about 1.5 hours total yesterday.  We were able to enjoy the service without interruptions, which was really nice.  Austin has another cold which started yesterday (I think it's his 4th cold, but after reading online that babies in daycare can get 12 colds a year, I don't think it is anything to worry about unless it got worse or turned into an ear infection).

For the past week or two, Austin has cut back to two naps a day.  He naps in the morning from about 10ish-noonish and then in the afternoon from about 2:30ish-4ish.  Then he goes to sleep around 7:30 or 7:45 and sleeps until around 6am.  Since I like nursing him before bed and putting him to sleep, on Friday night we asked our babysitter, Alexis, to come at 7:30 and we went to see Acts of Valor at 8pm.  This worked well except that it cuts into my Friday night "sleep make-up".  I like to get about 9 hours of sleep on Fridays in an attempt to make up my "sleep debt" from the week.  Because we went to a late movie, I only got about 7 hours since Austin woke up at 6:30 on Saturday.  Oh well; it worked out well.

Today makes me excited about spring/summer.  We just got back from a 45 minute walk and Austin did not even need his warm hat and I was in shorts and a short sleeved t-shirt.  It is about 60 degrees, sunny and not very windy (the winds have been such a pain recently especially when running 9 miles in 35 mph gusts yesterday).

Here are a few recent pictures.

Kicking my legs up with Savannah

Stretch!

This is fun!

Bright eyed!

Trying out my new chair at BBQ restaurant

 Mom's attempt to get the tooth in a photo (sorry so yucky)

Can you see it?

No comments:

Post a Comment