background

Sunday, March 11, 2012

I see tulips

I see the tulips poking through the dirt.  That means spring....and then SUMMER are on their way!  We have been enjoying the weather recently.  It's been in the 50's or 60's for the past few days and is supposed to be like that for the next week or so.  I still don't rule out snow because I am sure we will have at least 2 or 3 more snows this season, but recently it has been so nice.  Austin can go outside without his blanket wrapped around him.  David was in San Diego from Wednesday until yesterday evening so Austin and I kept each other company (oh, and Savannah too).  Bible study met at my house so that I could attend.  Austin was a part of the group for the first 45 minutes and then I put him to sleep. On Friday, I left work at 3:30 and went running on a trail near the office/Austin's school.  I did 9.67 miles and felt pretty good.  It was warmer than I was used to running (about 60 degrees and sunny) since I usually go in the mornings on Saturdays and it is about 35-40 degrees.  After the run, I picked Austin up from school, we got home and ate dinner together - him avocado and cereal, me a buffalo burger on the stove-top and sweet potato fries (or bakes, in the oven with evoo and salt).  On Saturday, we ate breakfast, Austin napped, and then we went to Runner's Roost to pick up my Runnin' of the Green race bib and t-shirt.  The race was today (more on that later).  From Runners' Roost, we drove out to Rachel/Adam/Brody's house.  It is amazing all the things we needed to bring just for 2 hours of "playtime".  I brought the stroller, his portable "high chair", the baby bjorn (for walking into Runners' Roost so that I could try on some new shoes with two hands), food for his lunch, and of course the usual diapers, etc.  It looked like we were staying for days.  When we got to Brody's house, we played for a little while on the floor and then went for a stroll over to the neighborhood park.  It was Austin's first time in the swing.  He loved it, even though it was still a little too big (I had to keep a hand on him).



It was fun to chat with Rachel on our walk.   When we got back to their house, Austin nursed and then had some cereal and carrots at the counter with Brody.  We forgot to get a picture of them in their bar high's next to each other.  Oh well, next time.  The weather was beautiful!  We even went on another walk with Savannah that afternoon so that she could get some exercise.  David got home around 6:30 just before Austin's bath/bedtime.  He was sure to tickle Austin (that is what Daddy does).  While I was nursing Austin in his room, Savannah was in a mischievous mood and decided to get Austin's sock in her mouth.  David chased her around the house and cornered her, but she accidentally swallowed it.  So of course he looked up online what to do about this.  This is maybe the second time she has gotten one of Austin's things in her mouth (it doesn't happen often).  Everyone online said that it can be dangerous, can block intestines, and cause major surgery.   It said you could give the dog hydrogen peroxide to cause her to vomit immediately.  My cousin in Georgia is a vet, and I have asked him questions in the past about Savannah so David asked me to text him.  He advised us not to do anything since it is such a little sock and a big dog.  So we just let her be.  Then, at 3am, sure enough, she threw up in our room on the wood floor (she sleeps with us) and the sock came out.  David is such a worry wart, that he had been up for at least 1 hour prior to her throwing up, just worrying about her.  Thankfully, she got it out on her own.  Silly dog.

This morning, we got up and went downtown so that I could run in the Runnin' of the Green - a lucky 7k (4.35 miles).  It is a St Patricks' Day race that I did 2 years ago and skipped last year due to a baby in my tummy.  Some people from Archstone did it too, but we only saw a few of them.  I ran it in 31:09, which is a 7:10/mile pace.  I was happy with that!  They had free beer and other things after the race, but we had a tired baby to take home.  That's all for now.  I will post a video soon (DiDi's request).

No comments:

Post a Comment