background

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Enjoying winter while it lasts

After living in Denver for 4 1/2 years, I became accustomed to cooler weather.  I had forgotten how mild the winters are here in Houston and how this is the time to be outside and enjoy comfortable temperatures.  So we have been getting out and enjoying before the heat and mosquitoes arrive.  We are also enjoying Austin's animal noises recently.  He has learned to say "mmmmm" when asked what a cow says, "Baaaaaaaaa" when asked what a sheep says, "naw" when asked what a horse says, "ak ak ak" in a very high pitched squeal when asked what a duck says, and when asked what a pig says.  According to Austin, a duck and a pig speak the same language.  He also says "choo-choo" for train and "vrrrmm" for truck and airplane.  He finds the moon in the sky, even when it is faint at 7:15am on the way into his school.  He points up to the "yites" when I turn them on and off.  He asks for "wa-wa" in a cup and is really into saying "Hi" right now.  Also, when we sing a song (barney song, wheels on the bus, if you are happy and you know it, etc) he claps when I am finished singing and says "yay!".  And, of course, "Trrruucks" are still his favorite!

Slide at our neighborhood park (about 7 min walk away)!

Valentine's Day!

What a cheese-ball

Precious angel (most of the time)

Watching cousin Trey pitch..first baseball game!

Walking the bleacher ramp...over and over and over

A real, live...."Truck", as Austin calls it even though we told him it's a school bus.  He'll get there.

First trip to Lupe Tortilla...we played with the statues while we waited because mom did not want to get in the sandbox or let my 18-month old get trampled by the big kids.

What is this thing?

Practice egg-hunt

The swing in our front yard is finally up and running!

Rodeo parade at school- don't you love the "rope" used to keep them in line.  They walk to playground every day with this and it takes them like 20 minutes to walk 100 yards...ha!  He saw me taking a picture and started crying and broke loose from the rope....oops!
 

Trying to get a picture with my cowboy

He did NOT like the hat

Meet Ben...this is Austin's best buddy in his class.  Miss Ashley says they are inseparable.  Cute!

Peek a boo

Little piggy
 

I snuck a picture of me in here...I ran the Woodlands Half Marathon on 3/2 - I set a PR (my previous PR was in Oct 2010 in Denver, pre-baby).  I ran in 1 hr 38 min 8 sec, which is 8 seconds faster than 2010.  The weather was perfect, a cool 40 degrees, low-humidity and sunny.  Thanks to MiMi, Daddy and Austin for coming to support me! 

My little architect
 
Steady hands





2 comments:

  1. These are great photos!!

    And great job on the half! I love your running skirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap - Nice job on the half Amy! That is an amazing time. Jealous of your mild winter, although I can foresee I will have a newly glowing appreciation of spring this year :)

    ReplyDelete