background

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

First Days of School - 2015

As I mentioned before, Austin started Pre-K on September 8th at Christ Memorial Lutheran Early Childhood Learning Center.  On the first day, he refused to take a picture before school and he went to school with red eyes from crying and throwing a tantrum.  Oh Austin!  After I picked him up, we went to Jason's Deli for lunch and free ice cream.  Before I would let him go in the restaurant, I made him pose for a picture....so I did get one.  He is in the Dalmatian class and his teachers are Mrs Karen, Ms Becky and Ms Mary Ann.  There are about 13 kids in his class, which is great that it is so small.  He goes M-F from 8:45-12.  I have the option for him to stay until 2:30 but am not in a rush to do this since we plan to hold him back and have him do a "bridge" year before starting kindergarten.  The bridge class is until 2:30 every day.  He has been practicing writing his name every day and has improved greatly since the start of the year.  His favorite part of each day is the playground, ha!  His friends are Ben, Parks, Jay, and Price.  We have played outside of school with all of them and they are crazy boys together.  Teachers are amazing - they can get even those crazy boys to listen and obey.  I am impressed!  They are learning a letter and number each week- they practice tracing, recognizing and learning the sound of each.  Ms. Ako, the science teacher, told me in carpool one day "Austin is so smart!"  :)

Campbell started Mothers' Day Out at Tallowood Baptist on Monday September 14. He is in the Caterpillar class with Ms Marian and Ms Leticia.  He goes Mondays 9:30-2:30.  The first day he was so excited to go!  He dragged his backpack and lunch box down the sidewalk.  I think he was used to seeing Austin get out each day and wondered "what is so great about this school thing"?  He was happy his first day but did not nap AT ALL.  His teachers said he wasn't upset but just wanted to talk in his bed and was loud of the other toddlers.  Ha, sounds just like Campbell.  He is supposed to sleep on a nap mat on the floor but they bring in a crib on wheels for those that need it.  He definitely needs it!!  Haha.  Silly guy would much rather socialize.  After 4 times, he still cries when I drop him off and cries some throughout the day.  Poor little guy!  I keep telling myself it is good for him, and good for me. :)  

First day pictures










  

1 comment: