background

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe it has been a month since I last blogged.  I feel so bad that I have not been documenting Austin's changes.  He will be 14 months on Tuesday and is so close to walking but not quite there yet.  Part of the reason I haven't blogged is because of my lack of pictures.  I have not been very good about taking pictures since we have been in Houston.  Then I had a catastrophe yesterday morning - my iphone went through a full cycle in the washing machine.  Stupid of me, I know.  I had Applecare insurance so it was only $50 to get a new phone, thank goodness.  So all of the pictures that I had not already uploaded to our computer are lost.  Unless they are on icloud - I haven't figured that out yet.  I have some pictures on my real camera but I don't have the cords with me.  Here are a few highlights from the past few weeks:


  • Austin started school at Zebra Zone (Spring Branch ISD) child care.  He is in the Flamingo classroom which is kids 11-17 months.  It took him about 4 days or so until he stopped crying at drop off.  DiDi has been helping alot with drop-off and pick-up.  
  • I started a job at Southwestern Energy on Monday 10/1.  It is in Financial Reporting.  It is about a 40-45 minute commute, which I am not used to (was spoiled in Denver).  It is going okay and I am trying to work 7:30-4:30 so that means I leave the house around 6:45am before Austin is awake. This is hard and will take some adjustment.  
  • We are looking for houses but not having much luck.  It is really tough in the neighborhoods we want to be in.  It's like it's all word of mouth and things never even go on the market.  I am praying we find something soon!
  • We are in Boulder this weekend for Ryan and Kelly's wedding.  It is the first cold snap of the season and it is about 35 right now and some freezing rain.  I ran this morning on the trail by our hotel.  It felt so good and the colorful leaves were beautiful.  I miss Austin and feel empty-handed without him but he is in good hands with Mimi and Aunt Ricki. 
Here are a couple of pictures I snapped on my run.



And one from the rehearsal dinner last night.  More to come on the wedding weekend....




1 comment:

  1. I hardly took any pictures in Houston either... boo! Great to see you, friend, and I hope Houston starts feeling like home again soon!

    ReplyDelete