background

Friday, July 13, 2012

First night away

Last weekend, my mom came to town to help and stay with Austin while we headed to the Broadmoor for a night away!!  Yea!  She arrived Friday while we were at work/school.  She ran a few errands using my car and then came to get me at work.  We then went to pick up Austin at school.  I think he remembered her from May when were were in TX, but after the weekend was over, he definitely knew DiDi.  On Friday night, we went out for a quick dinner at Cafe Colore (Italian place near our house).  After Austin went to sleep, I gave my mom the run-down and a typed page of detailed instructions.  I don't think I am a paranoid mom, but I thought it would help her to have things written down.  David and I left Saturday morning around 8:30 since he had a 10:30 tee time.  It was such a strange feeling to be leaving my little guy overnight.  We went straight to the Mountain Golf course, which was not on the Broadmoor grounds but only about 2 miles away.  We arrived at the first hole and happened to be paired with my god-brother, Matt Pohl, from Austin.  It's such a small world!  I had not seen him in years; it was crazy.  The other guy who was paired with us was from Austin too.  I walked the course (and rode some) with David and the other guys.  We had a brief rain delay, but other than that it was nice and cool (about 70-75 with mostly cloudy skies).  After golf, we enjoyed a beverage and chips & queso on the patio before heading over to the hotel to check in.  After checking in around 3pm, we took a walk around the property and over to the pool.  They were on a lightening delay so David was not able to go down the water slide.  Poor guy!  After that, we showered and got ready for our dinner reservation at the Tavern.  I think I only called my mom once or twice to check in that afternoon.  Austin was doing great with DiDi and keeping her busy!  We had a long, relaxing dinner of steak for David and grilled trout with quinoa for me, coupled with 2 glasses of wine.  After dinner, we headed to the Golden Bee, an English pub with live music that consists of a piano player with the whole restaurant singing along to familiar songs.  They have song books to follow along and you can make requests- fun!  After a drink or 2 and some songs, we headed back to go to bed.  Sundy morning I got to sleep until almost 9AM!!!  Wow, was that nice - first time in 11 months that I had slept past 6:30.  What a treat!  I went to the gym for a bit, we walked around some more, and then packed up to head home. We made a stop (at David's request) for lunch at Rudy's BBQ in Colorado Springs.  Pretty tasty!  We got home around 1pm and Austin was excited to see us.  He did great with DiDi.  It was nice to get away to celebrate our 5th anniversary (May 19th a little late) and David's 30th Birthday (last Monday 7/9).  Thanks for coming to help, mom! 
At dinner with DiDi


View from golf course

Infinity pool

Waiting to be seated at the Golden Bee

Storm brewing

Sunday night - just ready for Mama

Ok, maybe I'll read for a bit


Nope, just ready for milk and night-night

No comments:

Post a Comment