background

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Visit with DiDi

The visit with my mom was fun!  Austin was spoiled!  She helped with house things, which was a nice break for me.  She did laundry, dishes, and TJMaxx/Ikea trips to look for new house things.  I think I mentioned earlier that we now have a new red rug so that Austin can have a softer place to play.  Of course, we put a white towel down underneath him because he spits up so often.  Over the weekend, we dug out from the big snow storm, went to the gym each day, went to Ikea and Cost Plus World Market, and played with Austin.  I went to work on Monday and Austin went to school for part of the day while my mom exercised and ran a few errands. She picked him up around 3pm to spend more time with him before we got home from work. On Tuesday, I was sick.  I had a horrible sinus infection.  I didn't know it was this because I have never had one before.  It had been coming for about a week but I just thought it was a cold that I caught from Austin.  On Tuesday, I got up and went to work and my mom stayed at home with Austin so that I could have the car in case I needed to go to the doctor.  I ended up making a 10am appointment and my boss told me not to come back; to go home and get some rest.  She is very understanding, which is helpful.  We are just so busy that getting sick and missing a day of work is hard. I came home after my appointment (where I got a heavy does of amoxicillin, which is safe while breastfeeding), and just rested/slept most of the day.  My mom took care of the little guy.  That was so helpful!  She left on Wednesday morning.  We were sad to see her go.  :(

We didn't take enough pictures.  But here are a few.  Austin also held his own bottle for the first time, with both hands!  He has a hard time getting the right angle so that he can drink well, but he will get there.  

 Matching outfits

 BIG BOY!

Don't leave, DiDi 

No comments:

Post a Comment