background

Saturday, January 28, 2012

We are still here

Since the beginning of January, my work has been absolutely crazy.  Luckily, my boss is very understanding and I am able to leave around 6pm most days to come to home to nurse Austin and play with him before he goes to bed.  David picks him up from school around 5pm and then I am home by 6:30.  Then, sometimes I bring some work home to do after he goes to bed.  This is challenging for me, but it definitely helps that Austin is such an easy baby and is happy to be with his daddy in the evenings for a while before I get home.  I worked last Saturday for a half-day and went to work this morning thinking I would stay until about 1pm.  David called me around 11 to say that Austin had a fever of 101.7.  So, of course, I call the doctor to make an appointment since they are only open until 1pm on Saturdays.  I packed up my things and went home to see my poor little guy.  He was obviously not feeling well since he was fussy after eating and napping and he usually only cries when he is hungry or tired.  I took his temperature again and it had gone up to 102.7.  I didn't want to give him Tylenol until the doctor had seen him so that she could observe his full symptoms.  Everything checked out okay except that he just has a fever and runny nose.  She said fevers in infants can last up to 5 days; I sure hope it doesn't last that long.  After he nursed at the doctor's office and the Tylenol kicked in, Austin seemed in better spirits and is napping now.  Poor guy!  I hate seeing him sick.  Looks like my work will just have to wait (or I will do it from home - it really can't wait since we have a deadline on Monday...no good).  Here are some pictures from earlier this week....



No comments:

Post a Comment