background

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas in Texas - Part 2

On Christmas morning, we had brunch at mom and Stacy's house - with one of my favorite southern Christmas traditions - cheese grits!  Yummy!  We opened gifts from Santa and from mom/Stacy/DiDi/Grandaddy.  Austin got some clothes, a musical "walker/push toy", a first Christmas ornament, a monogrammed Christmas stocking, a Santa stuffed animal, and some books.  My mom found my first children's Bible and gave that to him - a very special gift!  

Around noon, we headed over to Mimi and Big Deal's house for Christmas with David's parents and his sister's family.  We had yet another Christmas meal and opened gifts.  This is always fun because Ben and Summer really enjoy the gifts and they do the "one at a time" opening.  Austin loaded up on gifts from Mimi and Big Deal.  He got a few toys - an inflatable penguin, a car dashboard that makes all kinds of noises, and some teething toys.  He got a really cool illustrated picture Bible from Ben and Summer, along with some other books that his cousins picked out because they were their favorites as babies.  He also got a ton of 9-12 mo clothes (I requested these)!  I got a baby food maker and freezer trays (I will be making this before we know it).  We also got 2 different hiking baby-carrier/backpacks, one basically new one that David's mom found at a garage sale, and then Ellen gave us hers that they have outgrown.  I will see which one works best when it is "hiking weather" in the spring.  I am excited to use this!  David's big gift was new golf clubs from his parents.  He had been using the same irons since he was 16 - I suppose it was time!  It was wonderful Christmas with the Stephens family!  We are very thankful for all of the gifts - Mimi and Big Deal are very generous! 

That night was Christmas with my mom's side of the family at her house.  We did a "white elephant gift exchange", ate some yummy lasagna, salad, and desserts (the cake I baked!).  It was fun to see all of the Cumbie family.  We missed Grandmother and I so wish she could have been there to celebrate Austin's first Christmas, but I know she was smiling from heaven :)

 Happy Christmas baby with a bit of an eye infection



 DiDi what are you doing to me?

 Back in his "Christmas best"

The day after Christmas, we had lunch at La Hacienda (again) with Doug, Tim, Melissa, Ryan, Bobby, and Stephanie.  We then spent some time over at the Barretts' house playing with Ben and Summer and just visiting. Here are a couple of pictures:

 Happy boy - sticking that tongue out!

 Chillin with Mimi

 Talking to my cool big cousin, Summer

I love to talk!

That night we had Christmas at my aunt Carrie and uncle Robert's house with my dad's side of the family.  Great grandmother BB came from Austin, along with Scott, Marsh, Lisa, and Mary, to see Austin.  It was a fun night with family and good food - great to see everyone!  Elf-yourself on the computer was the comedy for the night.

I like it when BB holds me!

 Handsome boy

Hanging with uncle Stephen

Pretty good family picture - thanks Carrie!

No comments:

Post a Comment