background

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter celebrating Christ's resurrection.  I am thankful that we have a savior that paid our debt for us and who is alive in us.  We went to church last night and Ryan and Kelly came with us.  We all went to get some dinner afterwards.  This morning we went to Easter brunch at the country club.  As I mentioned in my last post, April's weather is not that great here.  Case in point, today was a high of about 48 degrees and it was overcast the whole day.  There are not many days in Denver when the sun doesn't come out from behind the clouds, but today was one of those days.  The club had an Easter egg hunt and all the kids were hunting for eggs in their coats.  This is still so weird to me after growing up in Texas where it is at least 80 degrees on Easter.  It is crazy to think that next year we will have an 8-month old little guy with us.  :)

On Friday night our friend Veronica organized a last-minute surprise birthday party for Christina and Anna-Lisa at her house.  They were very surprised and it was so fun just to spend time chatting with the girls (while the guys sat around the tv watching a basketball game and talking every once in a while).  I have to admit it was very nice to be able to go to a last minute party with friends without having to arrange for a babysitter.  It's not that I am not excited about having a little one around and I know it will all be worth it, but things will change when he arrives.  :)

Last Wednesday we had our 24-week doctor's appointment.  We heard Austin's heartbeat, which was 140 and normal.  Dr. Corbett measured me and they took my weight--everything looked perfect!  Good news!  At my next appointment I have to do the gestational diabetes test and get the Rhogham shot because I am A-negative blood type.  I am still feeling good and sleeping well.  I can't make it through the night without going to the bathroom at least once.  I am sure that will only get worse in the third trimester.  I am still running about 3 or 4 days a week at 4 miles max each run.  I also do the elliptical on my non-running days.  I feel Austin moving around quite often but I still can't pinpoint how he is positioned inside me (like where his head, legs, etc are).  I am sure I will be able to tell sooner or later.

Here is a picture from Friday night before the birthday party and also a picture from this morning before Easter brunch.  I was pretending that it was 80 degrees in my sleeveless top and white pants.  I am definitely growing.     


No comments:

Post a Comment